Software For Scrapbooking: My Memories Suite
Have you ever wondered how people turn their photographs into awesome scrapbooking pages? Well, now there’s a software for scrapbooking that makes it easy for you to do the same.
PRODUCT NAME: MY MEMORIES SUITE
WHAT DOES IT DO?
A software for scrapbooking. It allows you to digitally scrapbook your photos and then you can showcase your creative work as a slideshow, save it as a DVD, print it out or bound it in a photobook.
IS IT EASY TO USE?
Yes, it is very user-friendly. The software comes with over 1500 background papers, over 1000 page elements and over 30 templates. You can choose to use a ready-designed template where you just add your photographs or create a page from scratch. The process is not complicated at all. They have tutorials to show you how to get the most out of the software.
Click this banner below to view merchant’s page.
Use my promo code STMMMS86598 to get $10 discount and $10 free merchandise
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Scrapbooking Beginners
This software for scrapbooking is perfect for beginners. It’s easy to figure out how to use the features. Basically to build a scrapbook page, you choose a background. It can be a solid color, patterned or textured. Then you add your photos. The templates that come with the software will make it easy for you to design the page. You can add some journaling to record down your thoughts and make the photo more memorable. Some people like to add wordarts, quotes or poems to make the page more special. Let’s not forget embellishments, frames, tags, ribbons, buttons and a host of other cute things to liven up the design. You don’t need complicated photo editing skills or be artsy fartsy to create a scrapbook. My Memories Suite makes it very easy for you.
- People who want an easy way to scrapbook
Scrapbooking is a lot of fun but let’s be truthful, it can take up a lot of your time and may require certain graphic skills. With My Memories Suite, scrapbooking is fast and easy. You don’t have to crack your head thinking of layouts. Just pick and choose from the available templates. Basically, to create a page, all you do with this scrapbooking software is pick and choose. How much time you spend creating a page depends on how much you want to add to the design.
WANNA SEE SOME DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING LAYOUTS DONE WITH THIS SOFTWARE?
Take a look at some of the pages I did with this scrapbooking software.
I used a ready made scrapbooking layout from the software. I chose a textured background. Then added a square shape and selected a checkered paper. Some of the embellishments are from the software and some are not.
This was very easy to do. The template was ready made. All I did was add the photo and changed the words.
I started with a ready made layout but later ended up moving the position of the pictures to accommodate the embellishments. Background paper and the words “Merry Christmas” were imported from my computer. So this page is a combination of stuff from the software and stuff from elsewhere.
Click this link below to get this software now and create great looking scrap pages
Use my promo code STMMMS86598 to get $10 discount and $10 free merchandise
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT THIS DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING SOFTWARE?
- It’s more than just putting photos on a page. You can make an interactive album that allows full user interaction. You can add music, video, page transitions and hyperlinks to your scrap pages. You then burn it into CD-R or DVD-R discs and have others view it on their computers.
- You can share your memories with others in so many different ways:- Print and bind into a traditional scrapbook- Convert it into a photobook.- Make them into greeting cards- Create calendars- Share them in Facebook, Flickr or Twitter. It allows you to export your scraps into jpeg form. You have 4 sizes to choose from: large (3600 pixels), medium (2400 pixels), small (1200 pixels) and web/email (600 pixels).
- You are not limited to what they have in the software. You can upload and use your own backgrounds and embellishments as long as they are png or jpg files. You can also buy new templates and designer packs from their online store to add to the software. The prices are quite competitive to other places.
- You can do more than create scrapbook pages. You can use it to make gifts and crafts such as bookmarks, pie boxes, candy wrappers, cupcake liners and toppers and many more. It comes in handy if you want to design your own Blog Headers and Facebook Timeline Covers.
DOWNSIDE OF THIS SOFTWARE
- It is not a photo editing program. So don’t expect it to have all the editing tools of photoshop. You can’t touch up the photos you want to use. So no, you can’t erase that pimple you have on your face Here are some photo editing tools they have:- Mat- Shadow- Crop- Red Eye- Rotate, Mirror, Flip- Change the photo to black & white, sepia, blue and red- Brighten or darken the photo- Blur, Sharpen, Negative and Gamma Correction- Emboss, Sketch, Impressionist Painting, Fish Eye- Add a shape to the photo e.g. circle, diamond, heart, scalloped mat, star, talk bubble etc….
- If you don’t have a fast connection, downloading may take a while. You have 2 options, you get either download the software or get the CD. Some people like having the CD as backup. You never know when you may have to reinstall your computer.
Here is a list of features you get with My Memories Suite Version 4.0 (as listed on their website).
- Drag & drop page elements such as embellishments, backgrounds, and layouts from a convenient sidebar with the Resource Gallery.
- Global search of all backgrounds, embellishments, shapes and imprints with easy click to insert
- Pick your canvas size for your scrapbook or craft project
- Align or space elements evenly on a page
- Flip and mirror background papers
- Paste background papers into shapes
- Edit elements individually or in groups
- Fill shapes with textures or images
- Build complete calendars automatically with Calendar Tool
- Add mats to your pictures one picture or all your pictures at once
- Apply drop shadows to one picture or all your pictures at once
- Resize, crop, remove redeye, and apply various effects to pictures without ever leaving the page
- Rotate photo within a photo box
- Place photo into a shape
- Place a random ripped edge on one or more edges of a photo
- Group photoboxes together and fill with one single photo to look like tiling
- Position journaling around circular and angled shapes
- Vertical and horizontal text alignment
- Adjust spacing between letters
- Word Art Designer feature provides 1-click options to bevel, emboss, add gradients, drop shadows, warp or shape, or paste images into text
- Add multiple pictures at once to your layout using the FastFill function
There are many more features to this incredible software. I didn’t list them all here, but you read all about it at their website.
MYMEMORIES HAVE FREE DIGITAL SCRAPBOOK KITS FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD.
I’ve been hooked on My Memories Suite since I got it. Before, I used photoshop to create my scrap pages. This software for scrapbooking really does makes things easier and faster. For example, matting a photo now only takes 1 click. Cutting the photo into a shape also takes only 1 click. I also like how I can import in scrapbook stuff already on my computer. I’m not limited to the backgrounds and embellishments that come with the software.
MyMemories Suite has regular updates and freebies. I also like their video tutorials that give me tips on how to use the software better.
My only problem with it is downloading the software. The first few times I tried, the download speed was super slow. Even after one whole day it was unsuccessful. I contacted the merchant and their representative told me that they’ve not had that problem with other customers. Maybe it was just my bad luck those few days because after that, the download speed was better and I managed to download it in 1/2 hour. I must note that the merchant was very good in responding to my concerns. They tried to help me as much as they could. So, if you have any problem using the software, the merchant is really good at providing support.
Well, I give a thumbs up to My Memories Suite. Many people have asked me what I use to create my scrap pages. Photoshop is good but there is a big learning curve. If you are looking for something simple, fast and easy to use to make a digital scrapbook, this software is ideal for you.
Update (9 January 2010):
I was having a problem opening the software. When I tried, I got this error message “The JVM cannot be started. The main method may have thrown an exception”. I went back to the merchant and they kindly gave me instructions to fix the problem. Once again, goes to show they have very good after-sales support.
You can start making beautiful scraps in the next few hours. Click this link to get yours today.
SAVE $10 WITH THIS CODE!
I’ve been given this code to share with you. Use it when you purchase the software and you’ll get $10 off. Plus, you’ll get another $10 store credit to purchase downloads. That’s a total value of $20.
Here’s the code (cut and paste): STMMMS86598
(Code is only for those in U.S. and Canada)